Thursday, June 24, 2010

Identity

Four years ago if I'd been told that I was going to be married and have 2 kids I would have laughed. I was on a very different path in June of 2006. I was set to go off to a fancy college and while I wanted love, marriage and everything I didn't see it on the horizon anytime soon. My hope was to find it at some point in the four years of college.

It was June of 2006 when I meet M. He was so different from any man I'd ever meet before. I could be myself with him. I didn't have to pretend I wanted a career. I was able to say that I wanted my career to be my family. That I believed I belonged at home. That I was born in the wrong time period! July of 2007 we married. April 2008 we welcomed our first little one and then we welcomed a second one in 2010.

Life took a way different path than I believed it would after I finished high school but I am so very happy that it took the path that it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment