Thursday, June 17, 2010

Abandonment and Life lines

Since, Trumpet was born I have felt like God had abandon me. I couldn't make sense of the fact that I had this wonderful amazing blessing and yet I am so unhappy. Why would God give me this blessing and then leave me in this dark and lonely place that I find myself to currently be residing in. It's truly a sad place to be when you don't even feel comfort in Mass and the Holy Eucharist.

However, God never abandon me. He was always there for me. I just needed to remember that and ask him to come in. He heard my weary cry the other day and threw me the lifeline I needed. I was having a very bad day (see prev. post) and in desperation I lifted my face up to Heaven and cried out that I need a lifeline. Not even 2 minutes later a very dear friend called. She has dealt with PPD before and even though, she too is a busy mom of 2 little ones and had only called for a quick chat she stayed on the phone with me for over an hour. She helped talk me back to a more rational place. She helped calm me, so that I could take care of my children till my husband got home. But most importantly, she reminded me that God is there listening and ready to help. All we have to do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment